Collecting Personal Information
2. When you book a course with 1st Gear Motorcycle Training Centre you will be asked to provide certain information.
We may collect, store and use the following personal information:
Information that you provide to us when you register for your C.B.T./Course.
Using Personal Information
3. We may use information that you provide to us:
To name your theory Test (if applicable) via Pearson Vue’s website.
To name your Module 1 and 2 Tests via the Government Gateway website.
To email you updates on your booking.
Within a week of completing your CBT/Course, we will send you an email to ask your permission to pass your Name and Email address ONLY to the MCIAC (Motorcycle Industry Accreditation Centre), so they can send you a questionnaire on the training that we provided.
Within a week of you conducting your Course, your information will be destroyed. If you have just conducted your CBT only with 1st Gear, then we are required by the D.V.S.A. regulations to hold your information for two years, due to the expiry of your C.B.T. Certificate.
Security of Personal Information
4. We will take all reasonable technical and organisation precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store your personal details that you have provided on our secure password and firewall protected server.
We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
Disclosure of your Information:
5. We may be legally obliged to disclose your information:
To the extent that we are required to do so by law; In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
To any person who we believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties without your consent.
6. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information that we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request:
Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming your identity, provide all relevant information that we may hold for you, in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonable possible.
7. Please be aware that our site may link you to other websites, which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
Changes to our Policy